LED Phantom Distribution is an independent electrical distributor specializing in commercial & residential exterior and interior lighting. The company was founded in 2013 as a small family-operated business focusing on the Chicago land region and now expanding into the Southern Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin Markets. We believe that our employees are our best asset. LPD still holds true to the core values of our humble beginnings that have made us a true success.
- Purchases goods and services for specified, assigned area(s).
- Advises department heads regarding purchase and supply requirements, specifications, quantity and quality of merchandise and delivery needs.
- Assists clients in obtaining proper specifications, quotations, delivery terms and costs.
- Explores and recommends alternatives to save or improve delivery.
- Solicits and analyzes quotations for new or nonstandard items.
- Recommends or approves awarding of contracts or purchase orders.
- Places purchase orders based on assigned authorization or signing limit.
- Surveys vendors regarding pricing, availability and delivery times to determine best and/or possible new supply sources.
- Performs year-end review and bidding of maintenance contracts for renewal.
- Bids long-term contracts of unlimited amounts for repetitively purchased items.
- Researches and resolves problems with vendors and company departments to facilitate the purchasing process.
- Ensures purchases comply with internal and external requirements and regulations as well as good purchasing practice.
- Informs staff on government restrictions and regulations and company policy and procedures related to purchasing.
- Maintains proficiency in automated systems used for purchasing functions such as inventory control, vendor contract information, cost control and bid analysis.
- Maintains currency on latest products and trends by reading trade publications, attending seminars and trade shows, and developing and maintaining vendor contacts.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Associate degree
- Experience: At least 2 year of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem solving
- Judgment and decision making
- 1st shift 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Excellent work environment
Send your resume to email@example.com or call (773) 983-0831